Notice: This is informational only, not directive.
Diamond Pier Remote Video Inspection
In order to follow recommended social distancing guidelines due to the current Covid-19 situation, some municipalities have put in place electronic permit applications and remote video inspections (RVIs). Contact your municipality to learn more about current permitting and inspection options.
Municipalities that are offering RVIs outline a list of criteria to follow:
- A 4G (or better) smartphone or tablet capable of doing a video call
- Access to the required App - Skype, FaceTime, Google Duo, Zoom, etc
- Have all the necessary tools ready; flashlight, level, tape measure, etc
- Confirm strong mobile signal at the project site
- Make sure your phone or tablet is fully charged
- Turn off notifications that may interrupt the call
- Use earphones for better quality communications
Follow the local procedures:
- To schedule an RVI, contact the building department and set up a time
- Follow the directions given to you by the municipality when utilizing RVI for Diamond Pier installations